JellyPages.com | Books

Thursday 10 March 2011

Book Review The 13 Treasures Michelle Harrison

Book Review The 13 Treasures Michelle Harrison
While visiting her grandmother's house, an old photograph leads Tanya to an unsolved mystery. Fifty years ago a girl vanished in the woods nearby - a girl Tanya's grandmother will not speak of. Fabian, the caretaker's son, is tormented by the girl's disappearance. His grandfather was the last person to see her alive, and has lived under suspicion ever since. Together, Tanya and Fabian decide to find the truth. But Tanya has her own secret: the ability to see fairies. Can it help them to unravel the mystery? Soon they are facing terrible danger. Could the manor's sinister history be about to repeat itself?

This. Book. Is. Sooo. Amazing! This is all I can say. I love this book, It's just thrilling and exciting, this book is definitely going on my top ten list. The cover is perfect to represent the thirteen treasures and the plot was promising. My sister showed my this awesome book and told me how everyone was just going crazy about it. I have to agree to all those who love love love this book. It's a fantastic novel with a mixture of cool characters.

The characters are very nice. The ability to see fairies is a lovely idea...... I just wish I could also see them. Anyways, Tanya, in terms of characterisation was mostly the focus of the novel. Fabian, the science geek, is one of the funny characters and is always on to science. Florence is the grandmother of Tanya and lives in an enormous manor. Why won't she speak of the girls disappearance as is said on the blurb? It's just tempting to find the answers, aren't they? In my opinion, these three chracters are the main ones in the story.

Somehow, this book scared me, I didn't want to be left alone, I even jumped nearly out of my skin when my sister made a sudden noise. Even if this book is full of thrill, mystery and fantasy, it's still a very worthy book to read and just one of the best books I have ever read. I was entirely fascinated by this book.

I would really really really recommend it to everyone and I would rate it FIVE STARS!

Reference: street-approach.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment