JellyPages.com | Books

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Nice Girls Dont Have Fangs

Nice Girls Dont Have Fangs
I've been plowing through queries and partials and fulls, reading like my eyeballs were on fire during the past two weeks. I'm so close to caught up I can see the empty in-box glistening up ahead!

But tonight I just couldn't read one more manuscript. I had to take a break and read something just for fun. Fortunately Stephany Evans let me borrow her advance copy of Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper (which she just happened to have cause she's Molly's agent!)

I inhaled it! What a splendid fun read this is! Here's the back jacket copy:

When Half Moon Hollow's children's librarian Jane Jameson is fired by her beastly boss and handed a Shenanigan's gift certificate instead of a severance check she goes on a bender of legendary proportions. On her way home, she's mistaken for a deer, shot, and left for dead. And thanks to the mysterious stranger she met while chugging neon-colored cocktails, she wakes up with a decidedly unladylike thirst for blood.

Now Jane's life-after-lifestyle is taking some getting used to. Her deceased favorite aunt is now her ghostly roommate. She has to fake breathing and endure daylight to avoid coming out of the coffin to her family. She's forced to forgo down-home Southern cooking for bags of O negative. Her relationship with her sexy, mercurial vampire sire runs hot and cold.

And it looks like someone in Half Moon Hollow is trying to frame her for a series of vampire murders. What's a nice undead girl to do?

I haven't loved a vampire story this much since I read Dana Cameron's The Night Things Changed in Wolfsbane and Mistletoe.

Molly Harper is a terrific writer! Count me in her fan club!



Credit: mark-rayan-pua.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment