JellyPages.com | Books

Wednesday 30 April 2014

Black Women Wearing Dresses

Black Women Wearing Dresses
This post is a collection of photos of Black women in what I call "everyday dresses". These are dresses and outfits that you or I could wear to work, on a date, to dinner, meeting friends, going shopping or anywhere really. They will make a woman look more dressed up than most because many women don't wear dresses/skirts. They are also very pretty and eye catching. Most of the hemlines are not too short either which is why most would be fine for work (I prefer just above the knee or longer...not a fan of mini skirts because I don't think they are ladylike). Many can be paired with a cardigan or blazer for work too. I already posted my favorite looks from my fashion role model Michelle Obama, but here I am posting a wider variety of looks that I like.

As I wrote in my previous post, many men love to see the smooth skin and shape of women's legs, they love the way dresses/skirts accentuate our curves, they think dresses/skirts scream femininity (and differentiate us from men), and they are very attracted to feminine women. As you will see, some of these dresses look very comfortable, some won't even show your legs if you are uncomfortable (but they will still flow in a feminine manner), and if you don't like your legs you can always wear nylons or tights (long dresses and tights are also great when you don't have time to shave lol). Many men actually love nylons with garters! I prefer to wear garters because regular pantyhose tends to slide down when I walk lol. So this is a fortunate instance where covering up your unattractive legs can really make you feel more comfortable and look more attractive to men :)

Tights, longer skirts, high boots, and long coats are a great way to wear dresses/skirts even in the winter. Personally I think dresses and skirts are a better investment because they tend to accommodate fluctuations in weight (especially if they have elastic material) and many are in classic styles that you can wear for years. Plus, unlike with pants, when you bend over you don't have to worry about showing any rear cleavage or having the waist dig into you when you sit down (due to the lack of elastic). I gave up wearing pants and wrote about it previously in my post "Why I gave up wearing the pants...literally". Later on I will do a post of my favorite images of Black women in gowns :) So without further ado, here are some of my favorite images of Black women in everyday dresses!

RELATED ARTICLES:

All about skirts and what body types it suits the most (there are many types and one may be perfect for you)

How to choose the right skirt for your figure

How to pick the best skirt based on body shape

Skirts and body type video (good)

How to choose the right type of skirt

Types of skirts

This is a simple, knee length flower print dress.

It would be suitable anywhere. To cover up

too much cleavage showing you can wear a

pretty camisole under the dress. I've purchased

many at thrift stores.

EBW Corinne Bailey Rae is wearing a

vintage style dress. It just says nice,

sweet, respectable young woman. I

love Mary Jane shoes too because of

their youthful and wholesome connotations.

EBW Tracee Ellis Ross is wearing

a dress with a flared skirt. I think that

flared skirts are adorable because of

the ruffles. They are a good

alternative to the pencil skirt

because they are form fitting but for

some magical reason they ride up

less when you walk :)

I really like Ananda Lewis' dress! I like

the draping at the collar, the sleeves,

and the ruffles at the bottom. It really

flatters her figure but everything is

covered up.

Lacy dresses are so lovely! I can't think of

any men's clothing that has lace so this is

a very feminine pattern. I am currently in

love with bow belts! They are so adorable

and come in many colours and widths. They

are perfect for cinching in the waist and

adding cutneses :)

I'm posting this photo of Rihanna

because even she looks beautiful,

soft, delicate, and super feminine in

the right dress. This is a beautiful

flowing dress that is perfect for

everyday wear and can even be worn

lounging at home.

This dress is very cute and has a vintage

look. It is simple and looks easy to wear.

Wearing a dress makes you look dressed

up but many are very easy to put on and

comfortable to wear. You look dressed up

but it didn't take much more effort than

putting on pants and a shirt.

I like this photo because it shows how

you can wear a simple dress to buy

groceries and then turn around and

wear the same outfit to dinner. You

can make yourself look more attractive

even while running errands. Maxi

dresses are about the easiest dresses

to wear because you don't have to worry

about accidentally exposing yourself

or even shaving lol!

Here is another pretty maxi dress. This

style of dress is very feminine and it is

great for women who don't like their legs.

I love the way they flow while

walking.

EBW Gabrielle Union is wearing a

cute pink dress with pockets. Pretty

and functional! Simple yet attention

getting.

Here is EBW Jurnee Smollett looking

fragile and innocent in a sweet halter

dress. This would be nice on a date or

even at home. I would suggest investing

in some of those convertible bras that

have adjustable straps that can be worn

with halters or racer back tops. Or you

can wear a boustier. Some dresses have

bras built into them.

I like the ruffled sleeves on the top and

the material used in the skirt. This is a

very feminine ensemble using soft colours

and red for an accent. Just pretty :)

Doesn't EBW Gina Torres look delightful?

She looks soft, pretty, and highly feminine

in this ballerina-esque dress. Soft is good :)

EBW Kerry Washington looks demure in

this simple red dress. I like simple. Dressing

in a feminine manner doesn't have to be

complicated. If you read my previous post,

most men prefer simple dresses too.

Here is EBW Gabrielle Union again so

you can see why I like her. She's

wearing a cute black and white dress that

makes her look like a nice young woman.

I love the way she poses so nicely

for photos.

I really like this photo! Something about

it says soft, sweet, and highly feminine.

Dresses like this just look more natural

in outdoor photos. It makes her look

down to earth especially with the

natural hair. Low maintenance is

beautiful.

Feminine in pink! I like the way this dress

drapes and the way it shows her great

legs. Heels are great if you can wear them

but really high platform heels are a bit

too much.

One can be very casual in a dress or skirt.

Long skirts are low maintenance and very

pretty and they allow you to move. As you

can see in the photo, you can even sit on the

ground! Unless you are rolling around on the

floor, climbing a ladder, or playing sports you

can do most anything in a dress. I like to wear

peasant skirts to run errands.

This is Tracy Reece the designer of Michelle

Obama's beloved Convention speech dress. She

looks lovely in this flowing green dress that

is perhaps one of her own designs.

This is another pretty lacy dress. Why

not add some extra femme by tying

a ribbon or bow around your waist. I

also have many bow pins that I like to

attach to my tops and dresses for that

extra bit of cutesy!

No comments:

Post a Comment