JellyPages.com | Books

Sunday 18 May 2008

Review Irresistible By Liz Bankes

Review Irresistible By Liz Bankes
PUBLISHER: Piccadilly PressFORMAT: PaperbackRELEASED: April 25th, 2013RATING: 6.5/10AMAZON SUMMARY:"When Mia gets a summer job in a country club, she strikes up a friendship with the laid-back and funny Dan. During shifts they keep each other amused and make plans to go travelling. However, from the beginning Mia finds herself drawn to the wealthy bad boy, Jamie. Jamie and his beautiful and privileged girlfriend Cleo relieve their boredom by messing with people's lives. Mia knows that her relationship with Jamie is wrong, but there's something so dangerously exciting about him that she just can't stop."REVIEW:"Irresistible" is a quick, fun read that will appeal to YA readers who like their romance on the steamy side. It's all about sixteen-year-old Mia who, after completing her GCSE's, gets a job at a the posh Radleigh Castle Country Club. There she meets nice guy Dan and her boss's smooth-talking son Jamie, and what follows is a love triangle perfect for fans of Abbi Glines' "Vincent Boys" series.I enjoyed this book, it was entertaining and kept me guessing what, and who, Mia would choose. Mia's a likable character when she's not messing her friends around, but I'll be honest: I didn't like Jamie at all. In fact, I thought he was a right idiot who really didn't deserve Mia's attention and affection. Some of the things he did were just horrible, and I didn't feel like his family background was explained enough for that to be the reason for his behaviour. I much preferred Dan, he was nice and caring, not to mention funny. His jokes were appalling, though!Liz Bankes is definitely a new UK author to watch, and I've no doubt her books will only get better. She's spot on with her stories - this one is full of drama and teen angst and is more realistic than similar books I've read. "Undeniable", Liz's next book, is published in August and I'll be reading it. Here's hoping I like the main characters more next time around!

No comments:

Post a Comment