JellyPages.com | Books

Thursday 12 May 2011

Other Family And Relationships Open Question How To Stop Being Racist

Other Family And Relationships Open Question How To Stop Being Racist
So i use to go to a mixed white, black, and latin school/neighborhood (mostly white kids) and when i moved to a all black neighborhood for the first time, My perspective of my race was negative.... Like at first i was hateful of being black because of the way the people in the black neighborhood acted and was basically praising whites and their culture... I think this was because i was in a mostly white neighborhood atfirst... I also refused to date black girl(s were not attracted to them) and once wished i was white. But things have changed? I've been currently living in this all black neighborhood for 4 years and now i hate whites? My whole neighborhood is hateful of whites, and i use to get made fun of for listening to rock music and saying i only date white girls (My first GF was white). Now, i see their perspective of why they hate whites because of the way they look towards us (white cops starts stuff for no reason and are racist, when i go down town i get stared at by whites,white come in our neighborhood and assume all young black males are in gangs or uneducated); it pisses me off. Like one time when i was in my new, all black school and there were white visitors, they looked at us with disgust, as if we were stupid. One of the ladies asked if i played basketball; why not sports in general? Why should i be categorized as playing basketball because I'm black? Then, we had a new white gym teacher, and all we played was basketball because he said that's what we liked. Now i only date black girls (i find them extremely attractive now) and have hate towards white people. Any help?

Credit: art-of-kisses.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment