JellyPages.com | Books

Monday 13 September 2010

The Task Of The Leader Is To Get His People From Where They Are To Where They Have Not Been

The Task Of The Leader Is To Get His People From Where They Are To Where They Have Not Been
Chapter 4 Reflection: Attending to Tasks and Relationships

After reading the chapter on Attending to Tasks and Relationships, I have a new outlook on the meaning of both words when it comes to leadership. I always thought of myself as a task oriented person, but after looking at the questionnaire results, I was surprised to find that I am more relationship oriented than task oriented. The reason I was leaning towards task oriented, is because my office's primary goal is directed to achieving goals. After thinking about the results, I realize I now put more emphasis in relationships since our office focuses more on goals.

According to the Task and Relationship Questionnaire, my relationship score is 22, which puts me in the high range for relationship oriented, and my task score is 18, which puts me in the high moderate range for task orientation. The results indicate that my primary concern in my leadership style is building relationships with others and how I deal with people. I actually can see how in my current job, this is especially true. Working in the Office of Admissions, as both an admissions counselor and now the Coordinator of the Campus Tour Experience, I put a lot of work into building relationships with perspective students. I need to build up a trust with them to help them through their college decision process. I also currently supervise a team of 15 student workers. While we are very task oriented as an office, I like to focus on student development with them as well.

Origin: dating-for-black-men.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment