JellyPages.com | Books

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Bout Of Books Read A Thon Sunday Challenges

Bout Of Books Read A Thon Sunday Challenges
Today, "Pretty Deadly Reviews "asked us who we would cast in a film version of our current read. I've just finished "Bumped "by Megan McCafferty, so it's not technically a "current "read, but if I start a new book then I won't have the faintest idea about the characters!

Incidentally, I am "appallingly bad" with actors and actresses so excuse me if there's someone else who would be just that much better :)

Here we go -


AMANDA SEYFRIED AS HARMONY/MELODY

I did immediately think of the Olsen twins, as they're the only famous female twins that I know of but then... no. I ended up having to cast one actress as both roles, like Lindsey Lohan did in "The Parent Trap" and decided on Amanda Seyfried.

She's 26, so she's a little old to play a teenager but then again actresses always play younger roles and she does look a little younger. I just figured the long blonde hair and general attractiveness was a perfect match for the twins and their 'retroaesthetical' appearances :p

Taylor Lautner as Zen


I know, I know, I don't like Taylor Lautner either. But then I wondered if I'd dislike him quite as much if he hadn't been in "Twilight, "and so I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I did imagine Zen as looking vaguely like this in my head though, so it's not a bad fit. Plus he's not too far away from the correct age, which helps.

?

AS JONDOE


I really wanted Zac Efron to play Jondoe just because I have a soft spot for him, but I'm not sure it would be a good match. He should only ever play loveable, shiny characters not a sex-addict like Jondoe! Plus then all the teeny-boppers would flock to see this completely inappropriate film.

Who then? It has to be somebody attractive to make all those adorable babies. There's nobody! They'd have to cast an unknown because there just aren't any charismatic, super-hot male teenagers in the celebrity world.

NEIL PATRICK HARRIS AS LIB.

Yeah! Who "doesn't "love Neil Patrick Harris!? There were loads of options regarding who to cast as Lib, Melody's over-excited and slightly camp agent, but in the end I figured this was the perfect choice.

Honestly, I found Lib incredibly irritating in the book, but if he was cast like this in the movie I think I could deal with it :)

WHO WOULD YOU CAST IN A MOVIE VERSION OF "BUMPED? "WOULD YOU GO SEE THIS FILM?

Origin: dating-coach-anita.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment