JellyPages.com | Books

Friday 1 February 2013

Benefits Of An Altruistic Life

Benefits Of An Altruistic Life
After you read the following examples and situation, you should have a better understanding of why it can help your peace of mind when you live in an altruistic way. I am defining altruistic as doing things without a behind motivation. For example, a firemen that goes into a building and dies trying to save others is said to have an altruistic suicide because he gave up his life only to help other and his motivation for dying was only to help others. Not that he wanted to die, but he may have known the chances of dying were very high and went in anyway.

Altruistic mindsets are peaceful and lead to happy lives.

Most people usually act out of motivation for an end. I certainly did this when choosing my major in college. I thought it was so expensive to go to college so I figured I might as well pick something that had stable salaries and markets. For the motivation of money and financial safety, I picked Accounting. There was not many factors that made me like this type of subject other than I thought it would be good to make money with.

Little did I know that I should have been studying something that truly interested me. This is computers and websites. Something I loved before even beginning college was online games and building computers. I tossed this aside because I was not an altruistic person at the time. The only actions I did just for fun were playing online games, parkour, and basketball. These things were fun for me and I would do them without thinking about gaining money, power, or something else in life.

This website I am writing on now is not purely altruistic. I promote recommended products that I think can genuinely help people. The catch is that I have deals worked out so the suppliers pay me based on how many sales I push to their products and services through this site. Besides that, everything about this website is altruistic and designed to help people with things. I don't write to push product, only to give insight on life. Hence the name "Smart Helping". I would never charge people a fee to view my content and I even let anyone copy my content for themselves if they want.

In this aspect, I do write for pleasure and hope to help out the people reading this content without trying to sell anything. In the long run, I feel like giving users solid content that they can read whenever they want will be a good business model.

Having said this, I think it is important to lead your life without focusing on how situations turn out for your benefit. Instead, try looking at a situation and see how you can help others without any underlying motivations. Currently, the things I do that don't have any real ends include working out, playing basketball, and writing online.

In the past (Roman Empire) people new that other people didn't act out of compassion and love. Instead people figured out how to promote themselves and rise up in wealth. For this specific reason, politicians of ancient Rome were only aloud to serve terms of 1 year in length. This was so they could not mess too much stuff up and partake in activities that were bias and self-serving.

Now-a-days this is unheard of. Politicians try to stay in politics for their own good and as long as possible. It is rare to find people in government who would work for free and enjoy the honor of being in government. It is all about the self and how one can feel better about their own life. People want more power, money, and prestige. The truth is that none of those things will result in true joy or happiness.

The way you can attain eternal peace is by letting go of all your monetary motivations and focus on your actions. People can talk a lot, but the actions that an individual does throughout their life speaks about them as a person. True altruism will make our society much healthier and make more sense.

Reference: pickup-for-girls.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment