JellyPages.com | Books

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Editor P And Q With Charlotte Mursell Medical Romance

Editor P And Q With Charlotte Mursell Medical Romance
CHARLOTTE MURSELL, MEDICAL ROMANCE

WHAT DO YOU WISH PEOPLE KNEW ABOUT YOUR JOB AS AN EDITOR?

Just how lucky I am or maybe I dont want people to know this, because then everyone would want to be an editor! Every day I am able to immerse myself in the fabulous world of romance fiction, and with each irresistible hero I fall in love all over again! Its a dream come true!

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW?

It depends on my mood! Im currently experiencing emotional trauma at the hands of Breaking Bad, and I do love a bit of self-indulgent Made in Chelsea. But whatever my mood, I can never say no to Friends!

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE COMFORT FOOD?

I have recently developed an unhealthy addiction to Peanut Butter Cups. Its all too easy to pretend that the peanuts are a brilliant source of protein, but now that I have taken to making them myself they seem to have grown exponentially in sizeits a medical miracle my heart hasnt stopped.

WHAT IS YOUR ALL-TIME FAVORITE BOOK?

My favourite book has to be one that I can go back to time after time, and it never ever loses its magic (literally). Harry Potter.

WHAT IS YOUR ADVICE TO SOMEONE SUBMITTING TO YOUR LINE?

In Harlequin Medical Romance were constantly searching for the heroes and heroines that inspire and excite, delight and surprise, or scandalise and amaze the reader. Were looking for protagonists that we can fall in love with, just as the characters do. And perhaps this is whats just so special about the Medical series these doctors, nurses, paramedics and midwives are true heroes and heroines. They really do save livesevery day, and in every book.

My top tips would be


1) Captivate me right from the start, begin your story at an interesting or dramatic moment in your characters lives.

2) Make sure to include lots of fabulous cutting-edge medical drama, that really hooks the reader in and sets their pulses racing!

3) Layer on the emotional conflict keep it credible and convincing, but these backstories for the hero and heroine are crucial in generating intrigue and empathy for their romantic journey.

WHY SHOULD A PERSON WHO'S NEVER READ YOUR LINE, OR HASN'T READ IT IN A WHILE, PICK UP ONE OF YOUR BOOKS?

Contemporary or traditional, sensual or sweet, theres something for everyone in Harlequin Medical Romance. Amidst the backdrop of exhilarating medical drama, in some of the worlds most vibrant and beautiful cities, emotions run high as these consummate professionals transform the lives of their patientscreating the potential for explosive encounters as they put their own hearts on the line and find love along the way.

If youre looking for feisty, fun and flirtatious heroines, or intelligent, drop-dead gorgeous heroes then Harlequin Medical Romance is the series for you!

Attached Thumbnails


No comments:

Post a Comment